Dr. Mayur Purandare
Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Mayur Purandare’s area of specialization include Joint Replacement, arthroscopy and trauma management. He is known for sound clinical judgment and fine surgical skills. He has more than 14 years of experience in the field. His academic oriented practice keeps him up to date with cutting edge technology. Surgery and improvement it brings to his patients has always attracted him. So Dr. Purandare routinely performs complex surgeries and operations at various hospitals. He has performed countless surgeries with good result.
He has been outstanding throughout his academic career. He did his DNB orthopedic surgery and is also awarded MNAMS degree. He has done his fellowship in the joint replacement from DMH Pune & fellowship in shoulder surgery from the esteemed Institute – Wrightington Hospital, England. He has also worked in government and trust hospitals like R N Cooper Municipal hospital (Mumbai), Bhagwati Municipal Hospital (Mumbai), Walawalkar Hospital and Medical college (Dervan), Hanumant hospital (Mahuva).
He has keen interest in treating fractures and joint pathologies. He has also gained experience in using arthroscopy for treating meniscus tear, ACL ligament tears and joint debridement.
With his healing touch, expert hands and skill that have been honed by years of experience, Dr. Purandare now conducts specialty outpatient clinics at various places and also consults online.
Dr. Mayur Purandare, DNB, MNAMS
Successful Surgeries Performed
Dr. Mayur Purandare did MBBS under aegis of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad in 2006
This degree was awarded to Dr. Mayur Purandare in 2013 by the National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, upon successful completion of the DNB examination in the first attempt with meritorious stature.
Fellowship in arthroscopy and shoulder
It is a certification awarded to him by prestigious institute Wrightington Hospital, England after completing visiting fellowship.
In 2012 Dr. Mayur purandare completed three year post graduation course by the National Board of Examinations, (an autonomous academic body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare), conducted at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune
Fellowship In Joint Replacement
It is a certification awarded to him by Department of Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune after successfully completing one year training.
Research and Paper Presentations
Dr. Mayur purandare has conducted and presented research in several eminent areas of orthopaedics which has immensely contributed to the field of medicine.
- Supra scapular Nerve decompression – Arthroscopic Technique in MOACON 2010 at Nashik. Received best paper prize
- Reconstruction of Gamekeeper’s thumb using abductor pollicis brevis in MOACON 2010 at Nashik.
- Short term outcome of Modified Latarjet procedure in WIROC 2010 at Mumbai.
- Changing faces of Osteomalacia in POSAC 2011 at Pune.
- Modified Latarjet procedure for Shoulder instability with glenoid bone loss in POSAC 2011 at Pune. Received best paper prize.
- Functional outcome of internal fixation of Fractures of Acromion in TRAUMACON MUMBAI 2011 at Mumbai
- Management of Glenoid bone loss with Latarjet procedure in IOACON 2011 at Noida.
- Simultaneous bilateral Rotator cuff repair in SHOULDERCON 2012 at Kolkata.
- Cement less Shoulder Resurfacing arthroplasty: a bone conserving option in SHOULDERCON 2012 at Kolkata.
- Bilateral simultaneous symptomatic rotator cuff repair: our experience & future guidelines at IOACON 2012 at Chennai.
- The Pune Software – Accurate Guidewire placement at WIROC 2012 at Mumbai.
- Broken & Deformed Implants-poster at WIROC 2012 at Mumbai.
- Bilateral simultaneous rotator cuff repair at Indian Arthroscopy Society Conference in Sept 2013.
- Long term outcome of acromioclavicular joint stabilization with Hamstring tendon Graft at SICOT World Congress in Oct 2013.
- Research Thesis submitted to National Board of Examinations, New Delhi: Short term outcome of Arthroscopic Bankart Repair in management of Shoulder Instability.